2 hours ago
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
We are very excited to be selling our new Homeware's this week at Magnolia Square . We are also taking pre orders so if you would like any of our new additions then drop me an email and pre-order . Looking forward to seeing some of our returning customers and meeting some new customers . Happy shopping ,
We Visited :
Port elizabeth : waterfront great place to take a walk with the kids .
Addo Elephant park
The last leg of our Journey was to catch up with family and take the kids on Safari . As little O is only one in a lot of the parks they will not let kids under 3 in the open top vehicles . So we headed to a park that you could self drive . It was great and the kids loved it . We missed out on seeing a Lion but in our hire car I was happy to not come up against a Lion .
We stayed :
Casa mia - health spa great place for the parents to take turns and have a massage whilst the kids play in the plunge pool . Great service and a beautiful little place out of the main tourist spots .
Posted by La De Dah at 3:01 PM
Thursday, March 22, 2012
This was a few days of sight seeing and a family get together . This place holds special importance as it is Mr T's home town or where he grew up . It was great to show the boys the sights and look around the area . It has been 8 years since I have been back and it is amazing how much a small town can change in this short time .
we stayed :
Formosa bay hotel plettenberg bay - Fantastic place to stay with the kids a play park , pool , mini golf , trampolines , tennis courts . I definitely recommend this place to anyone with kids - very impressed.
we ate :
look out deck ( plettenberg bay ). This place is a must visit . I love it . The place is nestled down on the watefront and views to dye for you may even see some Dolphins . The food is great and the sunsets are amazing a place not to be missed .
Moby dicks another great place to enjoy the sundown over a few cocktails and nibbles surprisingly the kids loved this place .
we visited :
Knysna heads - A beautiful place where two sea cliffs guard the entrance to the lagoon from the surging ocean . There are some great little restaurants to eat at here with amazing views .The Rock pools are well worth exploring with two little ones we had so much fun .
Knysna waterfront - Great relaxation spot for s spot of shopping , good views and great ice cream for those hot days - we loved it and it really felt like we where on a summer holiday .
Monkeyland - this is s must with little kids . It is no zoo you get to do a tour in like a forest and the monkey's roam free in the natural habitat . Monkey's swing above your heads and run around you- our boys loved it . It is no secret here at La de dah kids one our most popular lines is our monkey's so I feel some inspiration for some new monkey 's .It felt like a real adventure and Seb loved the swing bridge. Our one year old could not stop giggling at the monkeys this place was a real highlight with the kids and with the adults .
Storms River - we stopped off quickly here . Unfortunately it was 40 degrees the day we planned to visit and the kids where tired but a deinate must visit .
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Nothing Like an early beach stroll/ swim before hitting the road for the final leg of a road trip . We had a scenic drive from Cape town to Hartenbos in which we had a one night stop over before heading on to Plettenberg Bay for a few day . A beautiful drive .
After a 15 hour plane ride filled with many kiddie activities that I had gathered from the $2 shop we arrived . Throw in two small people , gastro and a 15 hour plane ride and it makes for interesting times .
We had a quick stop over in Johannesburg and then first stop was Capetown and it did not disappoint .
We stayed :
- Whale of a time . This place did not disappoint . The views where amazing . Location great and the boys loved the swinging seat .
We visited :
- V&A waterfront . This was great to explore and visit as our first stop in Africa . We wandered through the African art shops , explored the water views complete with seals . Booked our trip to Robben island . We ate at Quay Four great views and we found it incredibly kid friendly .
- Robben Island . We headed off on a boat ) the boys both loved this ride the up and downs , the seals and the widlife spotting out the window. Whilst visiting the jails was interesting for our 3.5 year old .The tour was a little long and hard to do at your own pace - which made it difficult with a small and bored 1 year old . The Tour itself gave some great views and interesting history as we where given the tour by an ex convict who had lived in the jail.
- Table mountain . This was my second trip up the mountain and it did not disappoint . The kids loved the ride up in the cable car and exploring at the top . The views are amazing and this is one stop that you do not want to miss off your Itinerary if visiting South Africa .
- Fishoek This was a great family friendly place where we stayed . The beaches are amazing complete with a park and restaurant right on the beach for refreshments .
-Kalk bay - must visit great little shops and some very cute cafes .
We ate at :
Quay 4 - V&A waterfront . Great seafood , incredible views right on the water and highchairs for kids .
Tribeca bakery Kalk bay - A must visit . This place had incredible coffee and milkshakes for the kids . The service was amazing and the food a must eat . A hidden gem .
This is all my tips and visited places in Cape town . More to come .
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
We are back and excited to be home I am . We have had two great weeks exploring South africa' s wildlife, beaches and catching up with family . I will not lie it was an ambitious trip with two little ones in tow but we did survive and so did the kids . We are still getting over the time difference ( jet lag ) and once I do I promise to do some more detail posts of our trip . But for now here is a glimpse .
Posted by La De Dah at 2:17 AM